When choosing a pillow, blanket, or bedsheets, our options nowadays are way more diverse than just cotton. Although cotton is still popular, its large carbon footprint has led us to look for new and more sustainable alternatives.
One of the creators of a more sustainable standard is TENCEL™ Lyocell – cellulose fibers obtained from sustainable renewable wood, in accordance with environmentally friendly production principles. TENCEL™ fibers are certified as compostable and biodegradable, meaning they can be completely returned to nature.
Wood-based cellulose is converted into TENCEL™ Lyocell fibers in a highly resource-efficient and environmentally friendly closed production process. Specially cultivated raw materials are used and a particularly economical production cycle means that the material, water, and solvent are 99.5% recyclable. This sustainable production process also received the European Commission’s Technology Award for Sustainable Development in 2020.
TENCEL™ fibers are similar to bamboo and viscose but are more sustainable. Thanks to its unique properties, TENCEL™ Lyocell offers the utmost in comfort and is extremely durable, super-absorbent, and gentle on your skin. The texture is very similar to silk, stronger than viscose, warm as wool, and softer than cotton. TENCEL™ fibers are often mixed with other commonly used fibers (eg wool, cotton, or polyester), giving the product its unique properties and softness.
Why choose Dreamsville sheets containing TENCEL™ Lyocell?
- TENCEL™ fibers are similar to bamboo and viscose, but significantly more sustainable and environmentally friendly – 100% biodegradable
- TENCEL ™ fibers are luxuriously smooth and soft
- The color of the fabric stays bright for a long time
- Breathable material
- Supports the body’s natural ability to regulate temperature
- With reduced bacterial growth – the moisture-wicking properties of the fabric naturally inherit the growth of bacteria, without chemical additives
- Suitable for hypersensitive skin and allergy sufferers
- Strong and durable
- Does not shrink during washing
- Easy to maintain – dries quickly and does not wrinkle
TENCEL™ is a trademark of Lenzing AG.
Dreamsville is your favourite companion on the way to better sleep.