Dreamsville has partnered up with Polygiene®, the global leader in Stays Fresh Technologies. It’s is part of Dreamsville’s longstanding commitment to providing sleepers with clean and safe products that deliver a healthy sleep environment. We want to change the way we view our products made of textiles, from fast consumable to durable! Do you want to know, what makes Polygiene so effective in our blankets?
Polygiene® works like a protective shield to keep your bedding fresh for longer. Polygiene® prevents odor-causing bacteria from growing at the source. Our Polygiene® treated weighted blanket requires a lot less washing, which saves water, energy, time, and money, and it improves the lifespan of the blanket so you can enjoy it longer. Our aim is to lead a sustainability leap towards less waste through changed consumer behaviors. We pursue this path by making sure products can be used more and washed less, making them last longer and in the process, also making better use of the resources we already have.
Polygiene® has a background in the healthcare sector and the treatments have undergone extensive skin sensitivity testing. There is no interference with bacteria naturally occurring on the skin – it is active only on the material’s surface and does not interfere with bacteria naturally found on the skin, even when used for long periods of time. Tests also conclude that there is no identified risk from dermal and oral contact with silver treatments. Polygiene® isn’t nanosilver.
Polygiene® Stays Fresh Technology is an odor-control fabric treatment that inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria, allowing you to use more and wash less. Polygiene is based on silver salt (AgCl, silver chloride). Silver chloride is naturally present in water and soil. Bluesign® approved and Oeko-Tex® listed.
- Stays Fresh: Enjoy fresh-all-day confidence as Polygiene® inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria;
- Durable: Polygiene’s odor-free performance lasts the lifetime of the product;
- Skin Friendly: Doesn’t interfere with perspiration or your skin’s natural bacterial flora;
- Use More. Wash Less©: Products can be used several times before washing, allowing you to save time and your garments to last longer;
- Climate Smart: With less washing, your Polygiene-treated products last longer. You also save time, water, and energy associated with washing, drastically reducing the environmental footprint.
So to wrap it all up – Polygiene’s odor-free performance lasts the lifetime of the product, and it doesn’t interfere with perspiration or your skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene is tested on skin safety and the treated textiles can be recycled.